- After the procedure, you may have some bleeding in the area. You may use 2-3 gauze pads and apply gentle pressure to the area for 20-30 minutes. You may experience some bleeding from your nose.
- Do not blow your nose. Try to avoid sneezing. Sneezing and blowing your nose could dislodge graft material or lead to an infection.
- You may have some swelling and/or bruising for up to 3 days following surgery.
- Stay on a soft diet for 3-5 days after surgery and avoid chewing in the surgical area if possible.
- Take all prescribed medications as directed. Do not take the antibiotic or pain medicine on an empty stomach, as this may cause nausea.
- You will need a post-operative appointment in 10-14 days for suture removal.