- During the first day, you may apply an ice pack to reduce swelling. Mild swelling is normal for up to three days after surgery.
- Eat soft foods for the first 24 hours.
- You may brush your teeth but be careful near the surgical site.
- Take all prescribed medications as directed. Do not take the antibiotic or pain medicine on an empty stomach, as this may cause nausea.
- You will be notified of pathology results as soon as our office receives them. It may take up to 1 week before results are available.
- If you have sutures that need to be removed, a follow-up appointment in 10-14 days will be scheduled.