- After surgical procedure, you may experience some bleeding, which is normal. You may use some folded gauze over the surgical area to apply pressure.
- You may have some swelling in the surgical area for three days. It will begin to improve after the third day.
- No smoking!
- Eat soft foods for the first 24 hours. Avoid chewing in that area.
- You may brush your teeth, but be careful near the surgical site. If you can see any metal after the implant is placed, use a Q-tip dipped in Peridex (the blue prescription mouthrinse) to swab around the implant.
- Take all prescribed medications as directed. Do not take the antibiotic or pain medicine on an empty stomach, as this may cause nausea.
- You will need a post-operative appointment in 10-14 days for suture removal.